Advertisement for the Empress Ballroom, Wigan.
The Empress Ballroom was a very famous venue for the town. Opened in 1916 and originally owned by the Atherton Brothers who are featured on the advert.
The building was extended in 1926. In 1965 it became the venue for Wigan Casino, a famous and important landmark for the Northern Soul scene. It was demolished in 1984.