Crooke Hall Panel
Timber panel carved and inscribed. The only surviving piece of Crooke Hall.
Crooke Hall was built in 1608 for newlyweds Peter and Elizabeth Caterall. The panel is inscribed ANNO DNI 1608 PEC RR IR CARP.
PEC are the young couple’s initials and RR and IR are the architects and carpenters that built the hall. Either side of the panel is a man and woman wearing fashionable ruffs.
The hall was demolished in 1937.