Duke of Lancaster’s Cap Badge
A cap badge.
It is worn by the soldiers of the Duke of Lancaster’s Regiment.
This unit was formed in 2006 with the merger of the Queen’s Lancashire Regiment, King’s Own Royal Border Regiment and the King’s Regiment. The Manchester Regiment had merged in 1958 with the Liverpool Regiment to form the King’s Regiment. Today many of the traditions of the Manchester Regiment are kept alive by the Duke of Lancaster’s Regiment, which recruits from across the North West and beyond.
The Regimental Family is wide. It includes many Cadet detachments, Regimental Association Branches, and affiliated ships and allied regiments. Also embraced are the 25 towns and cities throughout the North West who have honoured the Regiment with their ‘Freedom’.
The 1st Battalion (1 LANCS for short) is based, with its families, at Somme Barracks, Catterick. The 2nd Battalion (2 LANCS) is based, with its families, at Weeton Barracks, near Blackpool. The 4th Battalion (4 LANCS) is the Regiment’s Territorial battalion. It is based across the North West of England in four company and four detachment locations.