Large wrought iron ring for securing chains and fetters from Tottington Dungeon, near Bury.
The Tottington Dungeon still exists on Harwood Road. Dated 1835, the dungeon is attached to the buildings, which are now four cottages, on the corner of Harwood Road and Turton Road in Tottington.
The dungeon was used to house drunks and was often in use during the 19th century. Not much is known about the building and it was once thought to be someone’s folly, as to who built it no one knows, who carved the faces on the walls or whom the faces represent is still a mystery.